[APP][Android] CouchPotato Mobile

So you made CouchPotato even more awsome?
apat183

[APP][Android] CouchPotato Mobile

Postby apat183 » 25 May 2014 01:19

Hi all, this is my first app so would be great to get some feedback.

CouchPotato Mobile controls CouchPotato server but the main purpose is to also help discover new movies to add to your CouchPotato queue.

KEY FEATURES:
  • Movie recommendations - Discover new movies to add to your wanted list, CouchPotato Mobile provides a list of movies currently in theaters, upcoming, popular, and top rated movies.
  • Detailed movie data - discover the right movies by flicking through beautiful fan art or viewing plot, rating, and runtime information. Don't like reading, click the fan art to watch the movie trailer.
  • Offline search - search for movies even when your not connected to CouchPotato.
  • Offline wanted list - add movies to an offline queue for when your not connected to CouchPotato. Easily add them to your CouchPotato wanted list once connected again
  • Offline access to your library - Easily see what movies are in your library, even when your not connected to CouchPotato.
  • View your wanted and manage lists. Add movies, update qualities or delete individual movies from CouchPotato with a simple swipe.
  • Username and password authentication (for connecting to CouchPotato server)
  • Ability to add URL servers (for dynamic DNS setups etc)

FEATURES TO COME :
  • HTTPS connection
  • Ability to change and manage CouchPotato Server settings
  • Automatically upload Offline wanted list once connected to CouchPotato again
  • Notifications (snatched, downloaded etc)

Feel free to request any features.

DOWNLOAD:
The app is free but if you like it please donate, there is an option to donate within the app http://goo.gl/SPwtRj. I'm maintaining the app in my personal time and trying to make it the best quality couchpotato app out.

CREDITS:
Koushik Dutta for his http://goo.gl/i7gibr ION library and Gabriele Mariotti for his http://goo.gl/uv0VK8 Cards Lib library.

SCREENSHOTS:
Last edited by apat183 on 31 May 2014 23:39, edited 1 time in total.

clinton.hall

Re: [APP][Android] CouchPotato Mobile

Postby clinton.hall » 25 May 2014 02:53

Great to see another App.

Just for your information... Some Api requests (and returned data) has changed in the develop branch. This will likely be merged to master soon, so I would recommend testing your App with develop branch...

apat183

Postby apat183 » 25 May 2014 03:00

clinton.hall wrote:Great to see another App.

Just for your information... Some Api requests (and returned data) has changed in the develop branch. This will likely be merged to master soon, so I would recommend testing your App with develop branch...

Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my Nexus 5

PSnot

Postby PSnot » 26 May 2014 00:11

Could you submit this to Amazon app store? Id love to pay for it there as I have credits there.

apat183

Postby apat183 » 26 May 2014 01:05

PSnot wrote:Could you submit this to Amazon app store? Id love to pay for it there as I have credits there.

Yep I can try. I'm away from home till Wednesday for work but I'll submit it as soon as I'm back. I'll flick you a message once its up.

Sent from my Nexus 5

thecoach0742

Postby thecoach0742 » 28 May 2014 18:12

+1 on Amazon app store.

This looks fantastic. I really wanted something for recommendations and the built-in CP suggestions doesn't cut it.

On a side note, looking at the free version, it looks like you are only able to input a numeric IP address as the server address. I have a DynDNS url pointing to my IP address that I always use for my server. Could you add support to use a url as well as an IP? It's fairly useless to me without it.

apat183

Postby apat183 » 28 May 2014 20:58

PSnot wrote:Could you submit this to Amazon app store? Id love to pay for it there as I have credits there.

thecoach0742 wrote:+1 on Amazon app store.

This looks fantastic. I really wanted something for recommendations and the built-in CP suggestions doesn't cut it.

On a side note, looking at the free version, it looks like you are only able to input a numeric IP address as the server address. I have a DynDNS url pointing to my IP address that I always use for my server. Could you add support to use a url as well as an IP? It's fairly useless to me without it.

App is live on the Amazon store :)

As for the URL option. It is easy to change, I just need to think of a elegant solution as most people will be entering IP's which is why It defaults to numerical keyboard, want to keep it as simple as possible. I'll push out an update this weekend though to have URLs some how. I might need you to beta test it though (I don't have a URL setup to test).

Sent from my Nexus 5

PSnot

Postby PSnot » 29 May 2014 03:46

+1 downloading now :P

PSnot

Postby PSnot » 29 May 2014 03:46

Would be amazing if you can expand this by including support for SickRage / SickBeard. Until CP incorporates TV shows successfully, I think a lot of people are using that as well.

apat183

Postby apat183 » 29 May 2014 05:08

PSnot wrote:+1 downloading now :P

Cool hope you enjoy it, please don't forget to rate it (great if you could rate the play store version).

PSnot wrote:Would be amazing if you can expand this by including support for SickRage / SickBeard. Until CP incorporates TV shows successfully, I think a lot of people are using that as well.

I was planning to do a Sickbeard app as well. I don't really want to incorporate it into one app as I want to keep it as light weight as possible, and for people that don't use Sickbeard etc then its a waste in the app.

ATM there hasn't been enough demand to justify me doing a Sickbeard app. If it picks up then I'll do a Sickbeard app as well. Hard to get time outside of work :)

Sent from my Nexus 5

PSnot

Postby PSnot » 31 May 2014 04:00

I'll see what I can do with the reviews. I think there would be a decent demand from the SickRage group (see echel0n's branch). That is seeing quite a bit of active development. I guess the alternative would be to wait and see if CP ever gets TV series support in which case it would likely win my vote hands down.

Regarding this app, though, I am having some difficulty connecting to the system from work. I set-up the server with my public IP and the appropriate port. I enabled authentication and presed "Not connected" under "Connection status" and it immediately goes from Refreshing back to Not connected.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

**EDIT** figured it out. Username is caps-sensitive! Will leave a great review after I give it a spin :)

apat183

Postby apat183 » 31 May 2014 04:22

PSnot wrote:I'll see what I can do with the reviews. I think there would be a decent demand from the SickRage group (see echel0n's branch). That is seeing quite a bit of active development. I guess the alternative would be to wait and see if CP ever gets TV series support in which case it would likely win my vote hands down.

Regarding this app, though, I am having some difficulty connecting to the system from work. I set-up the server with my public IP and the appropriate port. I enabled authentication and presed "Not connected" under "Connection status" and it immediately goes from Refreshing back to Not connected.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

**EDIT** figured it out. Username is caps-sensitive! Will leave a great review after I give it a spin :)

Glad you figured it out :)

Sent from my Nexus 5

PSnot

Postby PSnot » 31 May 2014 21:52

So unfortunately, it wont let me review the application in the Google Play store since I purchased it from Amazon. I will get on Amazon and leave a good review, though. If you know a way around this-let me know.

apat183

Postby apat183 » 31 May 2014 21:58

PSnot wrote:So unfortunately, it wont let me review the application in the Google Play store since I purchased it from Amazon. I will get on Amazon and leave a good review, though. If you know a way around this-let me know.

Just an FYI, if you want you can uninstall the amazon version and install the Google play version. I made the paid version free and put in a donation option instead. Ill be pulling the trial version one with ads soon.

Its was getting to hard to maintain a free version, paid version & amazon version. I'll be pushing the update to the amazon version as well if you want to stay with that.

I'm sorry that you paid via amazon for the full version. Happy to try and refund your amazon credit etc

Sent from my Nexus 5

PSnot

Postby PSnot » 01 Jun 2014 14:04

No problem, I had amazon credit and it amounts to just a little change anyway. Don't sweat it. I'm isntalling the Play Store version now and will leave the review i put on amazon there once i get home today.

caius

Postby caius » 04 Jun 2014 03:43

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I can't get this to display anything in the wanted list or manage list.

I have entered the api key in the settings along with the IP address and port, and at the top it says connected. When I try to go to the wanted page, it says refreshing and nothing appears. It sits there with the refresh animation at the top and the remainder a blank screen. I've tried it with no authentication and with authentication, but both have the same result.

I'm using a Nexus 5 and a Nexus 7, and both have the same problem.

Adding films seems to work OK, I just can't view what's already there.

apat183

Postby apat183 » 04 Jun 2014 03:53

caius wrote:I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I can't get this to display anything in the wanted list or manage list.

I have entered the api key in the settings along with the IP address and port, and at the top it says connected. When I try to go to the wanted page, it says refreshing and nothing appears. It sits there with the refresh animation at the top and the remainder a blank screen. I've tried it with no authentication and with authentication, but both have the same result.

I'm using a Nexus 5 and a Nexus 7, and both have the same problem.

Adding films seems to work OK, I just can't view what's already there.

Does the refresh stop and then not show anything? Or does it just keep loading?

Also do you have a really big library? If so it might take a while.

If it just keeps loading (more then a min) then I think I might know what the problem is.

Flick me your email address via PM. If it is an issue with it just constantly loading then I'll try and send you a apk to test that might fix the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5

csy7550

Postby csy7550 » 04 Jun 2014 14:09

Same for me, keeps loading and loading..

Installed the .apk yesterday so I don't know how it worked before all the master branch updates the last few days..

Edit:

Adding movies works for me aswell, except the app crashes after movie has been successfully added.

apat183

Postby apat183 » 04 Jun 2014 14:14

csy7550 wrote:Same for me, keeps loading and loading..

Installed the .apk yesterday so I don't know how it worked before all the master branch updates the last few days..

OK I might have broke something on a recent update.

I've sent a test apk to caius so let's hope that fixes the problem. Then I'll push the fix to play store. If you want to try it as well PM me your email.

Might start a beta program if you guys are keen. That way this won't happen again. I only have my CouchPotato library to test with and I don't have that many movies.

Sent from my Nexus 5

apat183

Postby apat183 » 04 Jun 2014 23:09

csy7550 wrote:Same for me, keeps loading and loading..

Edit:

Adding movies works for me aswell, except the app crashes after movie has been successfully added.

Ok, looking at the number of changes that when through the master branch from development. I think the new API's have been pushed through. Which explains why you can add but not view the manage or wanted list. I'm going to have to update it for the new api's.

I'll tackle it this weekend and update it for the new API's. I'll push an update this weekend. If you still want to save movies to add to wanted list. I would just clear your settings (so your not connected to CP), then add movies to your offline list.

Return to “External Tools”