Multiheaded CouchPotato

General development talk regarding Couchpotato
srendi

Multiheaded CouchPotato

Postby srendi » 23 Dec 2017 11:18

Hi All,
Please forgive me if this has been asked... Has anyone implemented CodernityDB-HTTP for the CouchPotato database?

I've got CouchPotato installs at a few geographical locations that I visit periodically. Each location has local NAS storage and a local BitTorrent client. I would like to share the database between multiple installs so that I can benefit from the bandwidth available at each location and not duplicate downloads.

I know that things such as storage location and the torrent client CouchPotato uses could be tricked into using separate devices/applications with DNS or hosts file and the same authentication credentials and directory structure at each site. But I don't know if using a shared filesystem between sites would solve the issue of concurrent DB read/write in a multiheaded CouchPotato setup.

From my cursory examination of the CodernityDB docs, I suspect it may be an issue with the default Codernity configuration in CouchPotato.

It won't be difficult for me to modify the source to use CodernityDB-HTTP, but, if it has already been done, why re-invent the wheel.

Let me know your thoughts.
Best regards,
Sren.

Return to “Development”