Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python devs)

General development talk regarding Couchpotato
Baraqyal
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Oct 2013 09:26
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby Baraqyal » 23 Jan 2014 03:56

My wishlist for TV support:

- XEM support for shows that don't conform to TVDB numbering (but should also be output as TVDB numbering for XBMC)
- Proper torrent support including support for other private trackers such as iptorrents
- Trying different releases (if one fails in SAB because of incomplete rars)
- Calendar that takes into account time differences between regions (eg: 8pm Sunday airtime in the US being 2pm Monday in AU)

Get this done right as with movies and i'll happily donate 20 bucks. In fact, you may kickstart this and i'm sure you will get enough money to hire a full time dev to complete it!


Ditto.

Montol
Junior Member
Posts: 8
Joined: 24 Feb 2013 04:22
Has thanked: 1 time
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby Montol » 23 Jan 2014 19:23

Baraqyal wrote:My wishlist for TV support:

- XEM support for shows that don't conform to TVDB numbering (but should also be output as TVDB numbering for XBMC)
- Proper torrent support including support for other private trackers such as iptorrents
- Trying different releases (if one fails in SAB because of incomplete rars)
- Calendar that takes into account time differences between regions (eg: 8pm Sunday airtime in the US being 2pm Monday in AU)

Get this done right as with movies and i'll happily donate 20 bucks. In fact, you may kickstart this and i'm sure you will get enough money to hire a full time dev to complete it!


Ditto.


I'm indifferent on anything Usenet, but everything else would be fantastic. Airtime differences would be sweet, and if you had a feature to add customRSS providers, that'd solve a lot of 'can you do this tracker' requests too.

koper89
Junior Member
Posts: 11
Joined: 16 Jan 2014 15:24
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby koper89 » 10 Feb 2014 17:04

Btw. is this idea closed - you don't intend to develop it anymore?

jkaberg
Site Admin
Posts: 150
Joined: 10 May 2012 12:04
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby jkaberg » 10 Feb 2014 21:12

No, it just hasn't got much attention lately mostly due to lack of interest I guess

Also Ruud is moving towards a new DB engine which will benefit additional media types (tv shows..) better

koper89
Junior Member
Posts: 11
Joined: 16 Jan 2014 15:24
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby koper89 » 10 Feb 2014 21:46

Great to hear :) If you'll need someone to help with testing or something count me in - I'm beginner in python but I just started learning django, maybe when I'll feel more comfortable in python I'll try to help you guys.
Best wishes

JesusOnEez
Junior Member
Posts: 44
Joined: 25 Jun 2013 15:05
Has thanked: 5 times
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby JesusOnEez » 12 Feb 2014 14:33

jkaberg wrote:No, it just hasn't got much attention lately mostly due to lack of interest I guess

Also Ruud is moving towards a new DB engine which will benefit additional media types (tv shows..) better


I'm willing to bet that there's plenty of interest...we're all just waiting with baited breath. :D

atrus
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: 18 Feb 2014 15:41
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby atrus » 18 Feb 2014 15:48

Been lurking for quite awhile, hoping to see an early alpha soon ;)
I have grown tired of the bad failure handling of SB, and I am eagerly awaiting for you guys to show how this is supposed to be done properly!

GAZ082
Junior Member
Posts: 16
Joined: 14 Jan 2014 00:38
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby GAZ082 » 18 Feb 2014 16:38

If there is a dev roadmap i'm interested in getting my hands dirty. I have basic knowledge of Python but i think i can work on simple things.

jkaberg
Site Admin
Posts: 150
Joined: 10 May 2012 12:04
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby jkaberg » 19 Feb 2014 21:27

GAZ082 wrote:If there is a dev roadmap i'm interested in getting my hands dirty. I have basic knowledge of Python but i think i can work on simple things.


https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPota ... state=open

darksupernova
Junior Member
Posts: 28
Joined: 24 Oct 2013 09:30
Has thanked: 4 times
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby darksupernova » 28 Feb 2014 10:29

Hi guys,

Just wanna pitch in and say that there is quite a lot of interest in this around the net and amongst people I know. I have been keeping an eye on this thread and eagerly waiting as the alternative product drives me nuts sometimes. Especially when adding old TV shows, it says its grabbed them all, but they all fail and I end up doing it manually...

I've spoken to a few people and we're very interested in games/books/music too. I have no coding experience but if you need a tester or some other kind of support, please drop me a message.

Thanks,
DK

HotBlack
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: 25 Feb 2013 23:25
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby HotBlack » 28 Feb 2014 12:04

Is there any chance that a roadmap for CP will produced anytime soon?

koper89
Junior Member
Posts: 11
Joined: 16 Jan 2014 15:24
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby koper89 » 28 Feb 2014 18:22

jkaberg wrote:
GAZ082 wrote:If there is a dev roadmap i'm interested in getting my hands dirty. I have basic knowledge of Python but i think i can work on simple things.


https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPota ... state=open


Just read that, few posts before yours...

kevinmce
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: 16 Apr 2013 22:27
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby kevinmce » 04 Mar 2014 11:15

Hey Guys,

Really looking forward to Couchpotato TV support!
There have not been many commits to the TV fork since January. I hope you guys pick it up again soon!

User avatar
damienb
Junior Member
Posts: 9
Joined: 25 Nov 2013 20:33
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby damienb » 25 Mar 2014 07:31

atrus wrote:Been lurking for quite awhile, hoping to see an early alpha soon ;)
I have grown tired of the bad failure handling of SB, and I am eagerly awaiting for you guys to show how this is supposed to be done properly!
agreed. Cool program but missing the actual tv management (and there seems to be a lack of interest in development). Cp movie/tv would be awesome and I'm pretty sure there would be a ton of interest. The CP boards don't have as many voices because it always works.

salfab
Junior Member
Posts: 10
Joined: 29 Sep 2013 12:27
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby salfab » 19 Apr 2014 19:43

Hi guys,

I finally decided it was time to add support for my ILT provider for TV Show also.

however, the extensions (any of them) don't seem to kick in when adding a show to the wanted list.

any idea why? is this a known issue ?

I'm using the following github commit: (commit hash 7ed0c6f099db75896ea46d01b91697a3b38ccd8a: https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer/commit/7ed0c6f099db75896ea46d01b91697a3b38ccd8a)

jkaberg
Site Admin
Posts: 150
Joined: 10 May 2012 12:04
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby jkaberg » 22 Apr 2014 22:45

salfab wrote:Hi guys,

I finally decided it was time to add support for my ILT provider for TV Show also.

however, the extensions (any of them) don't seem to kick in when adding a show to the wanted list.

any idea why? is this a known issue ?

I'm using the following github commit: (commit hash 7ed0c6f099db75896ea46d01b91697a3b38ccd8a: https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer/commit/7ed0c6f099db75896ea46d01b91697a3b38ccd8a)


@salfab I replied to you guys here

rascalli
Junior Member
Posts: 19
Joined: 27 May 2012 17:37
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby rascalli » 05 May 2014 18:51

ANy news on this ?

Especially now MR-Orange has taken down his torrent branch, there is a lot more need of a good torrent search engine.
And CP already does this for movies ....

adam_purkis
Junior Member
Posts: 10
Joined: 02 Apr 2013 19:11
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby adam_purkis » 05 May 2014 19:44

Yeah now mr orange has gone i am struggling to find a decent replacement too, wish i knew enough to help out with this!

tjalfe
Junior Member
Posts: 29
Joined: 14 Dec 2012 13:22
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby tjalfe » 14 May 2014 08:33

https://github.com/echel0n/SickRage <--- this looks like a fork of MROranges Sickbeard. There are commits every day, so development is going strong

User avatar
clinton.hall
Moderator
Posts: 9224
Joined: 28 Jun 2012 12:55
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 465 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Adding (tv) series support to CP (looking for python dev

Postby clinton.hall » 14 May 2014 08:41

yes... as far as SickBeard goes echel0n's is the best.


Return to “Development”