New Provider: 1337

General development talk regarding Couchpotato
LulzyAtlas

New Provider: 1337

Postby LulzyAtlas » 10 Feb 2015 22:15

Hey there (first post!), been a lerker for about a year or so and a fairly capable programmer from VB to C# with my best legs being Python and Ruby, and with the recent raid and return of TPB (full of wonderful fake releases CP seems intent on downloading every copy of despite them being below my minimum score), I went ahead and put together a provider script for 1337x.to as Torrentz, Yify, and Kickass couldn't seem to cover for TPB's out of commission-ess.

Figured I might as well share for the community as giving back a little functionality is only right when there's this much given for free. Where would be the preferred place for me to upload the two scripts necessary?

After this, if I get the free time I've been thinking about going ahead and making a provider script for Demonoid aswell, I've already looked into the site source codes and inspected the table elements, doesn't seem like it'll be impossible to parse, just a matter of working with the user signin (didn't quite feel like debugging authentication when I made the 1337 script or I would've done em both together, I actually made about 3 scripts that night but one hit the server's request limit and I didn't wanna wait it out to finish it up, the other was for oldpiratebay which was also chock full of phonies so I just threw it out). For now, I have a working provider script for 1337x.to ready to share with you all.

clinton.hall

Re: New Provider: 1337

Postby clinton.hall » 10 Feb 2015 22:25

Hi LulzyAtlas,

The best way to host your provider would be to put it on github and then send me the details so I can add this to the list of custom providers
https://couchpota.to/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1428

The other option would be to create this as a built in provider, and then send a Pull Request to the develop branch... If this is an invitation only site, RuudBurger would need an invite to be able to test and verify etc.

naesk

Re: New Provider: 1337

Postby naesk » 01 Jun 2016 16:33

Where can the script for 1337x provider be obtained?

Return to “Development”