Asustor AS-30XT

Let us know what hardware your CouchPotato is running on and share some experience.
This is for "ready to use"-hardware, like NAS, MediaPlayers, etc, so no custom build servers.
clinton.hall

Asustor AS-30XT

Postby clinton.hall » 13 Sep 2013 03:33

Device Series: Asustor 3 series NAS http://www.asustor.com/product?p_id=16&lan=en & http://www.asustor.com/product?p_id=17&lan=en
Model Tested: AS-302T (2 bay)

Apps Installed: CouchPotato, SickBeard, Git, Python, SABnzbd, NZBGet, Plex, XBMC

Ease of setup: 9/10
The initial setup of this NAS was straight forward. Just run through the wizard to configure.
Initially I received my NAS before there were many Apps in App Central, and I started creating Apps for you all :D
Now, setting up CouchPotato and the other Apps listed above is as simple as going to App Central in your NAS web UI and clicking install beside the App you want. After the App has installed click on the icon on your NAS web UI "desktop" to be directed to the CouchPotato (or other App) web UI.

Additional Features:
This system has an HDMI port and an IR receiver. This allows this system to work as a complete HTPC that can connect to your TV/Amp and can be controlled by any MCE remote (logitech harmony etc).
DVBLink can be installed with compatible HDTV tuner to allow this sytem to also act as a PVR.

System Resources:
CPU: Intel® ATOM™ 1.6GHz Dual-Core Processor (32 bit)
Memory: 1GB Memory DDR

This is more than enough to easily run CouchPotato and SickBeard while downloading your shows/movies.
Playback of 720p via Plex (to supported TVs) or direct via XBM.C is stable, although I would prefer to download using NZBGet as opposed to SABnzbd (due to lower CPU and RAM usage) while downloading
Playback of 1080p via Plex or XBMC can be choppy depending on the other applications you have running.

Limitations:
While the Download Center works great for Torrents, this isn't currently supported directly by CouchPotato.
edit: I have however created a uTorrent App.

My Involvement:
I am doing beta testing for Asustor and am currently the packager/maintainer of the following Apps:
CouchPotato
SickBeard
SABnzbd
NZBGet
bt-sync
HeadPhones
Mylar
Gamez
LazyLibrarian
uTorrent

Return to “Hardware”