CouchPotato renamer adds language abbreviation to sub/idx subtitles

Topics related to Couchpotato and its features
WasabiNME

CouchPotato renamer adds language abbreviation to sub/idx subtitles

Postby WasabiNME » 02 Apr 2017 11:56

This isn't necessary the way it is with SRT text subtitles because the language is embedded in the .idx file. CouchPotato adds .en to the .sub, which makes them not work automatically since the corresponding .idx file no longer matches. And like I said, the language doesn't need to be added anyway. It's already there.

Note that these aren't subtitles the CouchPotato downloads. These are Blu-ray subtitles that have been converted from PGS down to DVD VOBSUB and packed alongside the movie. Because of some retarded scene "rule" a lot of release groups go through all this extra effort instead of just leaving the original PGS subs alone. I guess there's some hardware player out there that still can't handle them...

clinton.hall

Re: CouchPotato renamer adds language abbreviation to sub/idx subtitles

Postby clinton.hall » 04 Apr 2017 13:37

Do you have option "download subs" enabled?
What about option "move left over"?

WasabiNME

Re: CouchPotato renamer adds language abbreviation to sub/idx subtitles

Postby WasabiNME » 23 Apr 2017 03:52

Download subs is on
Move leftover is off

Again, these aren't downloaded separately by CouchPotato. They're idx/sub files included in the RAR set in a subs folder with the movie. For example, like this movie:

Code: Select all

https://rarbg.to/torrent/uczw42i

They get moved along with the MKV and renamed according to my template, but one of the subtitle files gets ".en" added, which is completely unnecessary. The language name(s) is/are embedded. And when the .sub name doesn't match the .idx name, then they just don't work.

Return to “General Discussion”