Asked to log in to UI...never set password, locked out

Get help with Couchpotato
arhyarion

Asked to log in to UI...never set password, locked out

Postby arhyarion » 15 May 2017 21:15

I set up CouchPotato for the first time a couple of months ago. MacOS Sierra 10.12.3, on a MacMini. Worked very well.

I left it for about 3 weeks. When I came back to it it seemed to have stalled at some point...the main screen was not showing most recent grabs, even though things had shown up in the Library. I decided to restart CouchPotato.

After restart I was asked to log in. I don't recall ever setting up credentials. I tried logging in with the fields empty. No success. I looked for a solution online, and read that editing the username and password in the settings.conf file should do the trick. The values for each were null, but I entered something anyway, saved and restarted the computer.

No luck - still prompted with a login and the entered values aren't accepted.

I also tried deleting the settings.conf file altogether, rebooted, and I am still prompted to log in when going to localhost:5050

What do I do now? Help please.

roxphox

Re: Asked to log in to UI...never set password, locked out

Postby roxphox » 19 May 2017 16:26

I have a similar problem... Just went through setup and am now being asked for a username and password. I can see no way to set one up at all. I tried my Usenet username and password and got no joy. Next I set up a user and pass for this forum in the hope that it would be the same, still no joy.

clinton.hall

Re: Asked to log in to UI...never set password, locked out

Postby clinton.hall » 03 Jun 2017 15:17

the user and pass should be blank if never entered. Otherwise, you will need to set it in the settings.conf and restart CouchPotato.

Finally, deleting settings.conf (with CP turned off) and then starting CP should take you though the wizard again. You should enter a user and pass at this point.

Return to “Support”