Asked to log in to UI...never set password, locked out

Get help with Couchpotato
arhyarion

Asked to log in to UI...never set password, locked out

Postby arhyarion » 15 May 2017 21:15

I set up CouchPotato for the first time a couple of months ago. MacOS Sierra 10.12.3, on a MacMini. Worked very well.

I left it for about 3 weeks. When I came back to it it seemed to have stalled at some point...the main screen was not showing most recent grabs, even though things had shown up in the Library. I decided to restart CouchPotato.

After restart I was asked to log in. I don't recall ever setting up credentials. I tried logging in with the fields empty. No success. I looked for a solution online, and read that editing the username and password in the settings.conf file should do the trick. The values for each were null, but I entered something anyway, saved and restarted the computer.

No luck - still prompted with a login and the entered values aren't accepted.

I also tried deleting the settings.conf file altogether, rebooted, and I am still prompted to log in when going to localhost:5050

What do I do now? Help please.

roxphox

Re: Asked to log in to UI...never set password, locked out

Postby roxphox » 19 May 2017 16:26

I have a similar problem... Just went through setup and am now being asked for a username and password. I can see no way to set one up at all. I tried my Usenet username and password and got no joy. Next I set up a user and pass for this forum in the hope that it would be the same, still no joy.

Return to “Support”