File permissions not applied

Get help with Couchpotato
TheLid

File permissions not applied

Postby TheLid » 15 Nov 2018 21:45

I have had Couchpotato and Sabnzb running on my Asustor NAS for a couple of years now and for some unknown reason it has stopped working properly.

I haven't changed anything in the config pages, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and I wouldn't know how to change the config via ssh.

The only thing I have changed, which may coincide with this problem starting, is to change my Kodi PC so it accesses the video share on the NAS with NFS instead of a Windows share as it's much faster given that the Kodi PC is running Kodiubuntu.

Anyway, Sabnzb will download the movie correctly into the temp location. Couchpotato then detects it and moves it to /Videos/Films. It creates the movie folder correctly and moves the movie file(s) into this folder. The only thing I can see wrong is that the folder is created with userID 1000 with full permission (which I assume it is correctly inheriting) from the parent folder but the actual movie file which is moved into this folder does not have this userID 1000 permission applied.

I don't even know if this is important as the userID that the Kodi users is 1003

This is only happening with Couchpotato. I also have Sonaar downloading series into \videos\TV and this is working absolutely fine.

I haven't attached the log file because Couchpotato isn't actually producing an error.

Return to “Support”