The v next to quality, what does it mean?

Get help with Couchpotato
daften

The v next to quality, what does it mean?

Postby daften » 27 Jul 2012 17:08

Some movies in my library have the small v left of the quality. This is both for the downloaded quality as any other quality in that list. What does it represent?

bengalih

RE: The v next to quality, what does it mean?

Postby bengalih » 27 Jul 2012 18:37

It is not a v it is a checkmark.

This is setup in your quality profiles. A checkbox configured next to a quality means that once that quality is downloaded, it will not attempt to download other qualities.

For instance if you quality profile is listed as:
720p
1080p (checkbox)

It means that even though CP might find and download a 720p movie, it will still continue to search and download a 1080p because there is no check next to 720p telling it to stop. Conversely, a QP of:

720p (checkbox)
1080p

Would tell CP to stop downloads after a 720p is received - in which case it would never attempt the 1080p.

daften

Postby daften » 28 Jul 2012 00:36

Perfect, thanks for the explanation.
I meant checkmark, but couldn't find the word quickly (english is not my primary language).

For movies just found in the managed folders (library), there is no checkmark next to it, because no quality profile associated with it, right?
Is that intended behaviour, or is it a potential (minimal) bug?

bengalih

Postby bengalih » 28 Jul 2012 01:35

Only movies that were download by CP would have a quality profile associated with them by default so yes, that is why there are no marks next to existing movies.

If you were to delete your database and import all your managed movies again there would be no marks because CP would have no way of knowing how they were associated. Likewise, you can go to a movie in your managed and change the quality settings/profile to request a different copy in which case the checkmarks may be applicable.

Return to “Support”