Couch Potato File "Cloxer.D!cl" getting tagged as malware. Is it safe?

Get help with Couchpotato
Brooklyn11218

Couch Potato File "Cloxer.D!cl" getting tagged as malware. Is it safe?

Postby Brooklyn11218 » 04 Sep 2018 02:51

Windows defender keeps notifying me of a trojan located in the couch potato folder. For now I've closed CP and cleaned the threats but I want to know if that file is supposed to be there. and can I ignore it?

RoadHazard

Re: Couch Potato File "Cloxer.D!cl" getting tagged as malware. Is it safe?

Postby RoadHazard » 09 Sep 2018 17:32

I'm getting this, too.

I shut down Couch Potato, removed the offending files from the cache directory, and restarted CP, but the malware warnings came right back.

What's up?

RaggedSimpleton

Postby RaggedSimpleton » 20 Sep 2018 08:55

I am also experiencing the same issue, with "Cloxer.A!cl" as well. All originating from files under "Roaming\CouchPotato\cache".

I would like to try and pinpoint where the files are coming from. Would you mind sharing which providers you use? Also, which services do you have enabled under the "Settings > Display" menu?

I'm trying to think of any external sources which may be injecting malicious scripts.

masbass

Postby masbass » 23 Sep 2018 17:21

Have this same problem with Couchpotato automatically downloading Cloxer AND Coinhive malicious scripts and according to this post here

https://www.reddit.com/r/couchpotato/co ... are_is_it/

they are injected while using a piratebay proxy. I took piratebay out of the sources and these antivirus prompts stopped.

Return to “Support”