IPVanish stay away!

Topics related to Couchpotato and its features
fucawe

IPVanish stay away!

Postby fucawe » 28 Sep 2013 16:33

I know the link to IPVanish is about advert $$ to support this site, but some things the CouchPotato guys and users of this great app (CouchPotato) need to know.

1st of all its not just me complaining here. Please see a review from an independent source at https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/3789/ipvanish-review/

Their initial impression was pretty much in line with mine, until later. The quote from the review below.
Update: Within 48 hours of using its service we received TOS violation warnings form IPVanish over abuse of its copyright abuse rules. This would appear to make a mockery of their privacy policy and their promise that individual users’ activities are not logged, and cannot be and are not monitored. We therefore withdraw our recommendation.

I also found almost all of the "review" sites would seem to be set up by the VPN companies to be able to limit any negative reviews, and just act as another advertising method. Shady at the least, outright deceptive actually.

Finally here is my experience with IPVanish. There are MUCH better options that provide faster speeds and don't play bait/switch on acct TOS etc.
They state they do not log. ipVanish is 100% lying about their logging policies. Was contacted about a prohibited site on 6/7/13, responded stating I didn’t know what the site was. Never got a response. On 6/9/13 got 2nd notice for same site, and termination notice stating my acct had been terminated for violation of TOS. I again responded stating didn’t know what site they were referencing. I contacted ipVanish again asking for a refund, and was told no refund due to violation for TOS.

1st if they don’t log what were they contacting me about. Crappy support due to absolute lack of response to the TOS notices, but they kicked my acct without any review what so ever. Then refused to refund the remainder of my months fees that were already paid for.

Use at your own risk!

nntpjunkie

Re: IPVanish stay away!

Postby nntpjunkie » 20 Mar 2014 17:05

Funny, I have had the exact opposite experience, all I use them for is torrents and haven't had any problems yet...

damienb

Postby damienb » 15 Apr 2014 15:44

Any VPN provider that assigns customers IP's which are logged/managed by the provider is essentially a worthless service. It's not actually providing anonymity so not much point in paying for it.
I had the same exact issue with Giganews' 'VyperVpn' a few years ago. When paying for a VPN service the key question- 'do they keep logs?'- if so, they aren't actually providing any protection.
Since the Giganews incident, I've used PIA and couldn't be more happy but there are a handful of others that that actually keep you anonymous.

Lilian

Postby Lilian » 22 Apr 2014 12:47

Just use a vpn provider from Sweden or Germany - so much better there!

july8

Postby july8 » 18 Mar 2015 15:20

IPvanish usally is good VPN
but if it does not fit to your hard of software you have to find a alternative
check out that webside
maybe you find a good one

vpncomparison.org

MarkYYZ

Postby MarkYYZ » 19 Mar 2015 18:05

I have been using IPVanish for a year and never had a problem. However, I do find it strange that a VPN that doesn't keep any logs will send you notices of any kind that quickly. If they don't log any of your activity then how do they know what you are doing while connected? Sure, their terms and conditions state they they would investigate suspicious activity and copyright claims (I paraphrased here), but that should take time to do. For example a copyright holder would have to first identify a copyright infringing IP address, then determine whom this IP address belongs to, then get the necessary paperwork to compel IPVanish to provide subscriber information and lastly IPVanish would have to go through their (supposedly non-existing) logs to identify the subscriber or subscribers who were using that IP at that time. I'd imagine this will take time... Maybe that is the reason why VPN-Verge doesn't mention IPVanish in their article about non-logging VPNs? http://vpnverge.com/why-no-log-vpn/

sallycroft

Postby sallycroft » 16 Jun 2015 15:01

Maybe its the right time to look for alternate VPN service and in my opinion the best one is PureVPN http://www.purevpn.com/

mariawatson44

Postby mariawatson44 » 24 Jun 2015 03:46

I have been using PureVPN and its performance was not good, specially slow speed and connection errors. I read the IPVanish review here and decided to buy their services just for one month to test their speed and other features. Since than it is over 16 months and its performance is more than awesome. If IPVanish is not working on your side than I suggest you to contact their support they are good at to help their clients.

jacklance

Postby jacklance » 03 Aug 2015 08:55

I’ve had an account with them for 2 years. Fast and reliable connections, I usually connect to servers in Atlanta, Miami or Toronto and all connections are very good. I’ve never needed to Ipvanish vpn contact customer service since everything just works.

emmalopez

Postby emmalopez » 26 Nov 2015 15:45

I've been with IPVanish for over a year, and I had tried several other providers before then. So I can safely say that IPVanish have the fastest servers. I even bypass my ISP's speed throttling through the VPN connection. A few months back, they had some issues with customer support, but everything has been running smoothly since then. However if you have issue you can try another good vpn like PIA, PureVPN, ExpressVPN or check out the comparison here http://www.bestvpnprovider.com/comparison-tool/ that will help you to choose best vpn for you.

nikkirax

Postby nikkirax » 16 Aug 2016 11:42

Well I would recommend to go over IPVanish review before you actually subscribe it. I have never used this VPN so I am not sure about the pros and cons of this provider.

lyle42000

Postby lyle42000 » 16 Sep 2017 13:10

I've been taking the services offered IPVanish for a long period of time too. Talk about performance overall? Well, it was satisfactory and wasn't fulfilling my expectations to the greatest possible extent. Hence, I chose to switch and opted to go for NordVPN.

As an online gaming addict, I was finding it relatively hard for myself to resist any kind of postponement in playing newer versions of my favorite internet games. Thence, with an intention to interact, download confined content and even play with gamers all around the universe, I needed to get around the limited access by making use of VPN for Steam.

I'd really appreciate if you could kindly please share your views.

thomasrucker

Postby thomasrucker » 01 Jun 2018 08:37

lyle42000 wrote:I've been taking the services offered IPVanish for a long period of time too. Talk about performance overall? Well, it was satisfactory and wasn't fulfilling my expectations to the greatest possible extent. Hence, I chose to switch and opted to go for NordVPN.

As an online gaming addict, I was finding it relatively hard for myself to resist any kind of postponement in playing newer versions of my favorite internet games. Thence, with an intention to interact, download confined content and even play with gamers all around the universe, I needed to get around the limited access by making use of VPN for Steam.

I'd really appreciate if you could kindly please share your views.

Still using NordVPN for your steam?

davidconklin

Postby davidconklin » 01 Jun 2018 09:42

I see there's a bit of multiple opinions about the services of Ipvanish here. Since some are having bad experiences with Ipvanish, and some shared with their great experience with the service, why not just change to another VPN? if it makes your life complicated just switch to another one. Someone already suggested pureVPN and NordVPN. I do think they are great too. The two are rated top VPN for privacy along with TorGuard. I'm not a fan of VPN, i don't have money for that. I only use proxy, the free ones. If you guys can afford VPN and don't like their services, can you atleast donate them to the ones who really need it? lol

jimmiewilliams

Postby jimmiewilliams » 25 Aug 2018 08:23

whatever the vpn you are buying. I suggest you read the reviews first. After reading your thread I read ipvanish reviews. It's quite expensive but it's not bad at all.thank god I am a purevpn user. :)

Return to “General Discussion”